Access to healthcare services over the bank holiday weekend
With the bank holiday weekend coming up (Saturday 23 May – Monday 25 May) you can still access our healthcare services.
Getting advice from a local pharmacist is the best first step for a minor health concern. You can speak to a pharmacist in confidence, in a private area, about the most personal symptoms. Opening times may vary over the bank holiday so please telephone your pharmacy or look online before travelling.
If you or your family member has a condition that the pharmacist cannot treat, you can contact your GP, by telephone in the first instance, during core opening hours of 8am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday and over the Bank Holiday. GP practices will be able to offer a range of appointment options, including evening and weekend appointments based across five hubs.
To seek urgent care or advice out of GP hours, after 6.30pm on a weekday or over the weekend, people should call NHS 111 or go online www.111.nhs.uk who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Alternatively anyone, unable to get an appointment and needs to see someone urgently, can visit the Urgent Treatment Centre (including walk-in access) and primary care access service at Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (Tameside Hospital site). The centre is open 9am-9pm every day of the year.
For those who are self-isolating, and are struggling to access medication with no support available, please call our helpline on 0161 342 8355.
- For local information: tameside.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Register to volunteer: https://www.actiontogether.org.uk/volunteer/search-for-opportunities
- Latest information on coronavirus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS information on coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Q&A from Public Health England on coronavirus: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
- FAQ from the Cabinet Office:
- Public Health England’s guidance about coronavirus (COVID-19) for health professionals and other organisations: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
- PPE guidance hub: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe
- The latest travel advice can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government Twitter: https://twitter.com/mhclg
Please take care and stay safe.