Following the introduction of the governments Year 1 phonic screening test in June 2012 we reviewed the way we taught phonics at Hollingworth Primary School. As a result we introduced a new system, Read Write Inc. in September 2012.
Read Write Inc. Phonics is for four to seven-year-old children learning to read and write.
It is a full teaching programme proven to develop:
- fluent, enthusiastic readers
- confident speakers
- keen writers
Children are taught to:
- learn to read and write letter-sound correspondences quickly
- decode effortlessly, spell and handwrite easily
- comprehend what they read
- read with fluency and expression
- write confidently using oral rehearsal
- work effectively with a partner to articulate their learning at every step