Emotional Health & Wellbeing
We are delighted to announce that our school’s work on promoting Emotional Health and Wellbeing for all children and our school family has been recognised by AcSEED. The AcSEED Award is a quality assurance mark presented to schools that have made a substantial effort to support the mental health of their students. It encourages and rewards the provision of high quality emotional wellbeing services, from the broad provision of information right through to appropriately targeted intervention.
Based on best practices, the scheme defines a set of standard criteria that all schools must meet in order to receive the award. Our school approach and work has been recognised for our ongoing commitment to supporting all children and adults in our school family to ensure their emotional health and wellbeing is prioritised and provided for and for our work to provide children with a ‘toolbox’ of skills and resources to support them through life.
The AcSEED review team were particularly impressed with:
- Lego Therapy Course.
- Peace Out Guided relaxation for Year 6.
- Whole school Mindfulness day.
- TOG Mind Emotional Wellbeing Consultancy Project.
- Participation in The Anna Freud Education for Wellbeing research programme.
- Wellbeing Days.
- Mindfulness Club.
- Letters of Gratitude.
- Classroom emotion boards.
- Advent calendar of happiness.
- Parenting Workshops.
- Good working practice with outside agencies.
- Hot Shot sessions.
- Reflective Poetry.